[Coco] First CoCo

David Hazelton davehazelton at comcast.net
Sat Oct 27 20:44:08 EDT 2018

My First coco was an Coco 1 “F Board” I think. (‘83ish)  16K extended basic originally.  Upgraded to 64K and a 512k Ramdisk along with a composite video board.
Had 2 40trk DSDD drives, bought OS9 LI and the C-compiler so I could compile “Kermit”.  Once I had OS9 I add 2 serial ports where one was connected to a VT52 terminal and the other a VT100

Later I bought a Coco 3 and later still an MM1/B computer board.   Later picked up a spare Coco 3.   Everything is in my cellar, expect the Vt52 and vt100 terminals with one of the Coco 3 still connected to a pc running drivewire and Nitro. Unfortunately I can’t find the time to actually do anything with it.

--
David Hazelton

On October 24, 2018 at 9:28:50 PM, Neil Cherry (ncherry at linuxha.com) wrote:

On 10/19/2018 07:14 PM, Bruce W. Calkins wrote:
> Change of subject.  ;)
>
> How many of us still have their first CoCo?

Apparently I'm not the only odd ball on the List.

I started with the Atari 800XL because I hated that CoCo 1 keyboard
and most of the magazines were for Apple, Atari and Commodore.

My first go at OS9 was on a Gimix Ghost (6 terminals, 2 printers,
2 modems, with LII, 2 M of 8k static Ram chips and a 20 M drive).
Where I worked we did development work in C and various assembly
language (6800, 6802, 6809 and 68HC11). That was in 1983.

More recently, about 2 years ago ...

I only received a CoCo 2 and CoCo 3 from a gentleman who could put
time into their proper attention and I knew what OS9 is. :-) I will
be setting up Nitros9 for the VCF Museum. I also worked with the
Sardis ST2900 using Radio Shack OS9 LI. I have 3 of these boards.
I really need to get some time and sit down, get drive wire running.

I do have a lot of other computers, just can't recall which ones at
the moment. And I've given a lot of others to VCF in Wall Twp, NJ.

BTW, my Atari 800 XL disks and drives from 1983 still work.

Linux Home Automation Neil Cherry ncherry at linuxha.com
http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site
http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog