[Coco] CoCo 3 under MAME

Christopher R. Hawks chawks at dls.net
Sat Oct 20 21:10:14 EDT 2018

On Sun, 21 Oct 2018 00:37:26 +0000 (UTC)
Salvador Garcia via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:

> I installed MAME and it is working, sort of. No problems with the
> CoCo 1 and 2 emulators, but the CoCo 3 screen is duplicated inside
> the MAME main window. The CoCo screen on the left is a dull green and
> the one on the right is the typical brighter green.
>
> What I enter in one automatically duplicates on the other, as though
> they were mirrors. Has anyone had this behavior?
>
> Thanks! Salvador

Salvador:

    Tim Linder mentiond this in the 'Mame on debian wheezy' thread
about a month ago:

<quote>
The people in charge decided to change the default to always display
all screens.

The coco3 drivers have two screens (one for RGB and one for
composite). Previously only one was visible at a time.

Now both are visible. In the MAME UI / video options you can set it to
display only one screen, and it will remember your choice.
<unquote>

    You can select only one of the screens to show (CMP or RGB), but,
it will continue to take enough space for the two screens.

    I commented out the 'first = false' and 'srcfirst = false' lines in
src/emu/rendlay.cpp to make it NOT add the dimensions of all the
screens together. It showed part of the other screen until I selected
the RGB screen as he said. I also added a 'useroptions.mak' like he
said earlier in the conversation to only build the coco stuff.

    Contact me offline for more details.

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
--
New Study of Obesity Looks for Larger Test Group
Weren't they fat enough?!