[Coco] First CoCo

Peter Cetinski pete at pski.net
Fri Oct 19 23:12:40 EDT 2018

> On Fri, 19 Oct 2018 19:14:37 -0400
> "Bruce W. Calkins" <brucewcalkins at charter.net> wrote:
>
>> Change of subject.  ;)
>>
>> How many of us still have their first CoCo?

I still have my brother’s CoCo 1 that he bought in 1980 with 4K and Color Basic.  It was upgraded to 32K, ECB and an aftermarket keyboard eventually and I received it after he upgraded to a CoCo 2.  My first computing experiences were on that machine.  The joy of computer programming was discovered the first night I sat down at that machine and continues to this day.  I remember how bummed we were when we discovered late one night that we didn’t have enough memory to fit the Blackjack program from the back of the CoCo manual in the 4K. :)