[Coco] Serial to USB adapter Question

Mark D. Overholser marko555.os2 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 23:07:03 EDT 2018

On 10/04/2018 08:33 PM, Stephen Fischer wrote:
> I remember a discussion here that there are some Serial to USB adapters
> to avoid as they can be disabled because they have stolen firmware chips.
>
> Any one to avoid these days?
>
> SHF

I remember the Prolific Drivers, about 5 years ago, suddenly not working
with some adapters...   And a couple years ago, some Prolific Drivers
not working, and the Adapters having their Product IDentifiers ( PIDs )
suddenly being changed to an unusable ID....

If the adapter sells for less than $15.00 ( US Dollars ) on Amazon, I'll
bet money that they are Fakes...

Where I work, we use to Bundle an adapter with the Prolific PL2300..
We currently make a Product with the FTDI on it, and for all our
Development/Programming Systems that need a Serial Port or Four, we use
the ATEN UC232A, works great on Win XP to Win 10, and current Macs and
Linux, like Ubuntu 14.04 to current...

MarkO