[Coco] OVCC update. Need 5 1/4 inch FDD for testing.

Walter Zambotti zambotti at iinet.net.au
Thu Nov 29 20:03:38 EST 2018

Jay Searle asked:

>Is this project being hosted anywhere? Sourceforge, github, etc?

It will eventually make its way to one of those platforms, probably as a fork of the current VCC.

Steve Pedersen asked:

> On Nov 28, 2018, at 5:34 PM, Steve Pedersen <666jacktheknife666 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> i I would be happy to help if you need funds if your setup on Google
> payments I can drop you a hundred bucks easy .
>
> I know you're working on just basic porting of the software now and
> getting all of the existing dll in Virtual Hardware working but I
> would absolutely love to see a new dll created to be a virtual SDC.
>
> You're doing something amazing and awesome for the Coco community and
> I would love to just donate to you in general for all this fabulous work.

Thanks for the kudos but let's just wait that I can deliver something.  At this stage my confidence is high.

As to the virtual SDC I'm not sure about that!

Reverse engineering a SDC sounds tricky.

Especially when (O)VCC already has a number of virtual disk mechanisms.

The only advantage to having a virtual SDC would be to facilitate software/drivers hardcoded to expect a SDC and so your VCC setup would be the same as your real setup.

However there is no need for every CoCo to have a SDC!

I'm not saying no but I would need some help from the guys who have already written drivers for a SDC.

Walter