[Coco] OVCC update. Need 5 1/4 inch FDD for testing.

Mark D. Overholser marko555.os2 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 00:02:34 EST 2018

On 11/12/18 8:26 PM, Walter Zambotti wrote:
> Hi guys
>

> The port is going well.
>

> I’m working on the FD502 library at the moment.
>

> I will have a problem testing the physical FD support so my question is:
>

> Is this support still needed?
>

> Can I just drop it?

It would be nice to keep the Support, because it makes transferring
Reals Disks to the Virtual Disks a little simpler.

The other options to do this would require a real CoCo and CoCo Floppy
and DriveWire or a CoCoSDC.

> If not…
>

> I am looking at a Panasonic JU-455-5 AAG 360K 5 ¼ PC/XT on the web for sale.
> As new condition US $45 + shipping.
>

> Can anyone recommend a FDD that will read CoCo disks on a PC.
>

> My oldest PC is an ASUS P5W DH Deluxe (2006) which has floppy support.  It’s
> got a 3.5” but not a 5.25”.

The CoCos use the same Single Sided and Double Sided Drives the Original
IBM-PC Used...  The above Panasonic should be fine....

Did you want to "Pass the Hat" to offset the cost of acquiring the above
Drive???

> Regards
>

> Walter

MarkO