[Coco] Help with my CoCo FDD

Walter Zambotti zambotti at iinet.net.au
Fri Nov 23 01:43:31 EST 2018

Ok.

Some good news.

I plugged in my Tandy FD-502 controller and FD and it worked with no issues.

However I can only access the first 35 tracks of a single side.

So I need to understand how those jumpers affect the setup.

When it was working from disk basic I could access both sides of the drive (one side at a time) using drive0, drive2.  I found those instructions written on labels of some Basic game floppies!

OS9 could see both sides as a single 40x2 track disk (or in my case 42x2).

So what should the jumper settings be for this type of setup?

I would assume Jumpers on D0 & MX?

And I know I have already tried this so I can assume it's not a jumper problem!

So next I will try cleaning the heads!

Could the issue be shielding or grounding?

Walter