[Coco] Using MAME

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Wed Nov 21 19:09:14 EST 2018

Ken,

I don't know if such a site exists. However, MAME contains internal help messages:
mame -help

(and you get)
"
Usage: mame [machine] [media] [software] [options]
        mame -showusage
        mame -showconfig
        mame -listmedia
        mame -createconfig
For usage instructions, please consult the files config.txt and windows.txt."

The above assumes, I guess, that the two text files are included in the mame package.

Now for a version of the Coco, you will want some subdirectories: cfg, ini, roms, software. As for
specifics on what type of Coco and game software you want to run, you must specify exactly what you
want and not ask such open ended questions.

There is also a MESSUI version of MAME/MESS that you might find easier to use. Further, the version
of MAME that you download makes a BIG difference in the way it looks and works. So tell us which
verion you intend to use.

Robert