[Coco] CoCo memory upgrade

Al Hartman alhartman6 at verizon.net
Wed Nov 14 16:45:21 EST 2018

I have a Boomerang E2 in my Coco 3. It works wonderfully. Richard also provides excellent customer support.

This is a "must-have" upgrade for your Coco 3.

He also makes an Atari Joystick adapter which allows you to use Atari Joysticks on your Coco. Here's the description from his site: "Converts the analog joystick of a Tandy/Radio Shack Color Computer 1,2,3 to work with the clasic style (DB9 connector) Atari 2600, Sega Genesis Controller*, or Wico Command Control joysticks."

What I've learned from the Coco Community is that the must-have accessories are:

- Boomerang E2 for 2mb Memory upgrade and CPU Protector (www.boysontech.com)
     - 6309E CPU which Richard will install for a small fee while he installs your Boomerang E2. He can also recap your Coco logic board as he does this.
- Switcheroo for SCART video (www.cocoman.biz)
     - SCART to HDMI adapter (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y43RVLH)
- CocoSDC to use SDCards for mass storage (https://thezippsterzone.com/2018/05/08/coco-sdc/)

There will soon be games that will use the 6309E, and you'll want it for NitrOS9.

-[ Al ]-