[Coco] Copyrighted ROM's

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Wed Nov 14 12:36:54 EST 2018

On 11/14/2018 6:43 AM, rietveld rietveld wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have almost finished my program that will Mass Flash the cocoflash pak
>
> My dilemma is how to provide this to cocoflash owners since the ROM PAK games are technically copyrighted
>
> I was thinking of including a disclaimer that says that 'the user of these backup ROM'S is doing so with the understanding that he/she already owns a purchased commercial copy of said ROM PAK
>
> What do you think?
>
> Sent from my BlackBerry

In the eyes of the law, you are still distributing copyrighted material,
no matter the intended recipient's usage.

If I wanted to provide this, I would create a Windows cmd script and a
unix/MacOS version that essentially downloads all the roms from the
various sites and concatenates them together.  That way, you've provided
the way to organize the roms, without actually providing them.

There is no law against that.

Jim

www.go4retro.com
store.go4retro.com