[Coco] Copyrighted ROM's

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Wed Nov 14 11:15:54 EST 2018

> On Nov 14, 2018, at 07:30, rietveld rietveld <rietveldh at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> As an Englsh major in University I must point out that by definition a euphenism is a word that is used in place of one that is harsh or offensive.

That is technically correct (which is, of course, the best kind of correct), but in common usage, people often use the word “technically” with a subtext of “I am acknowledging that this is true, but I plan to ignore it because I think it is BS”.  Is there a better term for this kind of usage than “euphemism”?

--
Mark J. Blair <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net