[Coco] Copyrighted ROM's

tim lindner tlindner at macmess.org
Wed Nov 14 10:03:47 EST 2018

In Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 4:44 AM rietveld rietveld <rietveldh at hotmail.com> wrote:
> My dilemma is how to provide this to cocoflash owners since the ROM PAK games are technically copyrighted

I think 'technically' is one of the funniest euphemisms I've seen in a
long time. It must have been a typo. The word you meant to type in
'actually'.

> I was thinking of including a disclaimer that says that 'the user of these backup ROM'S is doing so with the understanding that he/she already owns a purchased commercial copy of said ROM PAK
>
> What do you think?

Call your congress-person and tell them copyright last too long on
software. Life+70 is a joke that isn't funny. I'd shoot for 5 years
tops.

Disclaimers:
1. I do write software professionally.
2. I do have other people's copyrighted ROMs on my website.

tim lindner

"Proper User Policy apparently means Simon Says."