[Coco] Battery-Backed RTCs for CoCo?

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Tue Nov 13 10:54:01 EST 2018

Thanks for the info, folks! I'm daydreaming about a cartridge project, and I was wondering what RTCs were used and preferred in the old days. If practical, I might want to make something compatible with old software. The DS1315 as used in the likes of SuperIDE and TC^3 is still available, but it's quite expensive. So, if I can't find a cheaper way to achieve compatibility with it, I may break compatibility at the cost of having to write new code to work with it. It's not a question of the price of one chip, which I can easily afford... it's the engineer in me, who sees a $17 clock chip and dozens of < $1 ones, and can't bring himself to design in the $17 one.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/