[Coco] Battery-Backed RTCs for CoCo?

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Sat Nov 10 22:05:17 EST 2018

On Saturday 10 November 2018 21:46:05 Doug Fraser wrote:

> There is the one on the Burke 'n Burke adapter, I'm not sure which one
> that is and not sure if one can modded into the Coco.Doug. Sent from
> my Samsung Galaxy smartphone. Subject: [Coco] Battery-Backed RTCs for
> CoCo? What are/were the most popular battery-backed real time clock
> accessories for the Color Computer family?-- Mark J. Blair
> <nf6x at nf6x.net>http://www.nf6x.net/

The one in the B&B is fairly good, but its security password has to be
clocked into it a bit at a time from an $AA55 integer.  And it has to be
done while all interrupts are disabled. And having the IRQ's locked out
for so long absolutely trashes the bitbanger if its in use, and renders
the deluxe rs232 pack workless above around 300 baud from frameing
overruns. I worked on that clock module too, but it screwed up so many
file transfers I bought the disto 4&1 & went scsi. That worked well,
until I wanted a 2nd drive & found its missing middle in the cable
prevented more than one drive because the drives couldn't talk to each
other. Marks scsi controller to the rescue.  Now its gone and so are the
drives. Mark should make a new one with sata sockets. Hint, hint!

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)