[Coco] Battery-Backed RTCs for CoCo?

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Sat Nov 10 18:47:09 EST 2018

On Saturday 10 November 2018 15:55:11 Mark J. Blair wrote:

> What are/were the most popular battery-backed real time clock
> accessories for the Color Computer family?

The best one I've ever had is the one in Cloud-9's scsi controller, now
long out of stock.  Kept great time  powered down, lost a few seconds an
hour booted up. But I dissed the clock module and found it was stopping
the clock for a couple milliseconds every 10 minutes while it synched
the coco's clock, changed the code to just lock the ripple counter, not
the whole clock. Works well right now.

Most of the other clock chips that I've had either weren't that accurate,
or in the case of the disto 4n1 clock, often set to random times by
power up or power down noise.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)