[Coco] Open VCC update

Joel Rees joel.rees at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 06:33:57 EST 2018

2018年11月10日(土) 20:05、Gene Heskett さん(gheskett at shentel.net)のメッセージ:

> On Saturday 10 November 2018 02:54:50 Kip Koon wrote:
>
> > Hi Walter,
> >

> > Will you be converting VCC to run on Android as well? If I'm not
> > mistaken, isn't the under lying OS for Android, Linux?
>
> No, although its somewhat modeled on linux , its not very compatible.

To be specific, the kernel used to be a modified Linux Kernel. My
impression is that the modifications are moving it farther from whwere it
started.

Userland is drastically altered. Roadblocks exist all over the place to get
in the way of setting up an ordinary logon shell and the usual collection
of utilities.

It is possible to put a Linux userland on Android devices, and it works a
bit better than Cygwin, mostly, but you have to enable developer access and
do a lot of your work on a separate workstation, over a developers' USB
cable.

IIRC.