[Coco] working with the sdc

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Mon Nov 5 18:33:41 EST 2018

On Monday 05 November 2018 17:59:13 Stephen Fischer wrote:

> On 11/5/2018 1:59 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Monday 05 November 2018 15:23:09 Kevin Becker wrote:
> >> There is an icon of a printer at the bottom of the post.  If you
> >> click it, it will allow you to print the text of the article
> >> without the other columns of blog-related material.
> >
> > Very close to what the Dr prescribed. I am in the middle of getting
> > my cataracts excised, and only have about a third of my eyesight, so
> > a bigger font would be nice, but I can read this. A new lens has
> > been ordered for the right eye, and because I wanted it working well
> > before messing with the left eye, I had to break the schedule and
> > can't get back in line for the O.R, till Dec 2nd, which will also be
> > my 29th anniversary with this lady, and the 40th for the next door
> > neighbors, who, for lack of any better entertainment, came to
> > witness our wedding for their 11th. The new lens s/b here in another
> > day, maybe 2. Somewhere here, I'm sure theres a reference to Murphy,
> > the smarty that wrote all those laws. ;-)
> >
> > Buried in all those other small buttons, I missed it, didn't have
> > any flashing red leds around it, or something... ;-)
> >
> > Thanks a bunch, they are now on dead trees, light enough to carry to
> > the coco's desk.
>
> One lens in each eye? I have 4-5 in each eye.
>
> I went from needing two sets of glasses to none (Well one for very
> close up work, the range is from my wristwatch to the TV screen and
> for daylight driving, night time every lite source has multiple rings
> around it so I avoid that.)
>
> Don't delay the cataract surgery, I waited too long and I was days
> away from not being able to see. One eye done and the next one was bad
> in a couple weeks.
>
> My mind selects which image almost instantaneously and did from the
> day my first eye was done.
>
> It's not cheap, Medicare only covers the normal lens, I paid $4400 for
> the the two eyes.

Ouch, and then theres the round trip air fare since theres around 3k
miles between me and this guy. I've been wearing bifocals since the
first grade, at 6 yo and tri-focals for around 40 years, so I am used to
them, and I think I'll still be wearing tri's when its all done as much
of the cylinder correction is still needed. But things were getting
yellow and slightly doubled at night, so I had to do something.

But ATM, its a bit rough as I took the right lens out of my glasses,
which improved things a lot, but I'm not back to the 20-5 to 20-10 I had
40 years ago. I hope to be eventually.  But time will tell that tale, if
I have it. At 84, he's missed several chances to use a pollock magnet,
most recent about 3 years back when I had a usually fatal pulmonary
embolism. I don't think thats a good way to die, its scary as hell.

But other than keeping the local radio station on the air, and taking
care of my dying of copd wife, I'm lazing around and building cnc
machinery as time & budget allows. Keeps me out of the bars don'cha
know. ;-)

> https://www.changcataract.com/
>
> Scroll down to see the difference in the single lens and the multiple
> ones.
>
> SHF

I did, the diff is pretty obvious.

--