[Coco] BREAK detection under Basic09

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Thu May 31 02:37:42 EDT 2018

Rogelio,

Under OS9 the BREAK key normally has a special function so an INKEY function will never see it because the operating system traps it before it can get to a user program.  However, all of these special functions can be re-mapped so it is possible to read the BREAK key with an INKEY function.  Just for snicks, try a ‘tmode qut=00’ before you start your BASIC09 program and see what happens.  I think the INKEY function will be able to read it as a CONTROL-E.

I’m not an expert with BASIC09 but I think that might work.  In assembler there are SetStat routines that allow us to re-map those functions but I don’t know if anything is available from with BASIC09 to do that.

Dave

Sent from my iPad