[Coco] Some may call this heresy

Johann Klasek johann+coco at klasek.at
Wed May 30 12:28:39 EDT 2018

On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 11:13:46PM -0700, CoCo Demus wrote:
> I tried different approaches, even:
>
> STA $DF76
>
> is not reliable, from time to time a a read can be issued and I don't know
> what is it. Could it be the VIC interrupting the CPU ? I checked for IO2
> low as well but it does not work.

The VIC may only interrupt the CPU (with signal RDY) on read-cycles ... STA abs has 3 cycles
reading the opcode and the operand bytes. On the 4th cycle the write is
not interruptible by RDY. Maybe you should check BA too, which is high if
the VIC chip occupies the bus. In addition, PHI2 has to be high. I
don't know it I/O2 could be low even BA is high (VIC access) or outside
(PHI2 high, where probably VIC occupies the bus too) ... just poking around.

> I tested with (),y but I don't remember if I tested with (,x)

The latter should not the shadow read on the writing location.

JK