[Coco] Some may call this heresy

CoCo Demus retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Tue May 29 02:48:02 EDT 2018

It's a problem because when I write to address DF76 it may or not issue a
reading before the write. And the 6545 CRTC has an auto-increment feature.
So writing to it woul jump(or not) one address each time making it
impossible to use.

more strangely i found out that STA $DF76 will likely not generate the read
but a STA (VAR),X where *VAR = DF76 will certainly do (not always again)

So using the ROM made it 100% reliable. I may sometimes get a garbage byte
at the boot but this is the same that causes the hang.