[Coco] 1702 monitor

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Sat May 19 11:04:15 EDT 2018

On Saturday 19 May 2018 08:48:21 Wayne Campbell wrote:

> Where did the notion of commodore being the enemy come from? I never
> heard of such a thing.

I think this stems from the days when all the amiga fans, me included,
were expecting a newer, much faster amiga base on the powerpc chips of
the day, but the two guys that owned Commode Door at the time, instead
went to the Bahama's for a "board" meeting, and took the money with
them.  And never came back. So those two guys will forever be wearing a
target T-shirt. But that was what, 20 years ago?

I might also add that anybody in the accounts payable listings was SOL,
as was William Hawes, the fellow that wrote ARRex for the amiga, who
never saw a dime for writing it, nor from the publishers as copyright
payments. That was as close to a universal scripting language as has
ever existed anywhere, capable of doing things not even todays bash can
do. I even wrote some stuff, with Jim Hines at the tv station, that we
sold a few copies of. Home automation stuff. Amigados did not have a
cron, so Jim and I wrote that and gave it away.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)