[Coco] 1702 monitor

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Sat May 19 02:49:52 EDT 2018

On 5/18/2018 1:03 PM, Mike Delyea wrote:
> Jim, did you hack a regular composite video cable into 2 outputs?
Hmm, no.  I jsut used a Y-connector to connect video to both chroma and
luma on back.
> Is the
> image any better than the plain composite connectors at the front?
It is not, but the 1701/1702 was one of the sharpest monitors of the
time period (one wonders how that happened, since Commodore was not know
for quality.  In this case, CBM did not make monitors and perhaps they
could not dictate Thompson or whoever built the monitor's design)

I know it is heresy to have a CBM monitor alongside a TANDY or other
system, but they really are awesome monitors.  The boxy shape allows on
to stack them easily and put stuff on top (temporarily, of course).  The
built-in 2 way video switch is a nice touch as well.

Jim