[Coco] 1702 monitor

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Fri May 18 00:54:51 EDT 2018

And if you’re any good with a soldering iron you might even consider instead hacking the 1702 end of things to see if you could simply bring in the RGB and sync signals and get an even better image.  Eventually, in an analog color monitor with a picture tube any input signal is going to eventually get resolved to a red, green, and blue signal which drives the guns of the CRT.  The composite or s-video or chroma/luma interfaces are just bottlenecks in ultimately getting those three signals along with h-sync and v-sync into the monitor.

Dave