[Coco] Glenside Color Computer Club, Inc. business meeting

Melanie and John Mark Mobley johnmarkmelanie at gmail.com
Tue May 8 21:33:27 EDT 2018

The Glenside Color Computer Club, Inc. business meeting is Thursday night at
7:00 PM Chicago time (Central Time) at the Schaumburg Township District
Library.  (The library likely will not give us the room until 7:30, but we
can begin to gather sooner.)  The date is 05-10-2018.
We have been assigned room number 5.
This room has a wide screen TV that will accept a VGA or HDMI input.
Google Map Location Link: https://goo.gl/maps/pkCiMmWZ9Ex
Library Link: http://schaumburglibrary.org/

Please send any agenda ideas to Tony Podraza, Rich Bair, and John Mark
Mobley.

Agenda:
  How much money did we make or lose at the CoCoFEST?
  Are we charging enough for admission?
  Are we charging enough for booth space?
  Are we charging enough for supper?
  Where should next year's fest be held?  Lombard, IL; Elgin IL; Holiday Inn
Elk Grove Village, IL; Pennsylvania
  How can we speed up registration?
  Is there a faster receipt printer we can use?
  What improvements can be made in the database to improve registration?
  How can we improve things for next year?
  Could some part of the auction be automated somehow?

We loosely follow Robert's Rules of Order.  Here's an example of how things
might go at the meeting...
  OK it is now time for new business...
  I make a make a motion that...
  We have a motion, do we have a 2nd to the motion?
  Yes!  I second the motion.
  Is there any discussion?
  That is a great idea!  I don't like it!
  Is there any more discussion?
  Now we can call for a vote, table the discussion to a later date, or send
it to a committee for recommendations.
  Let's bring it to a vote.
  OK, all those in favor signify by saying aye.
  Aye, aye, aye!
  And those opposed signify by saying nay.
  Nay!
  Ok! The Ayes have it.  The motion passes.
  Is there any more new business?
  Hearing none, I will entertain a motion to adjourn!...
  Once the business meeting is over, we have a little time where people can
present an idea or a project they are working on.

-------

BlueJeans Video Conference - https://bluejeans.com/203539242

You can call in: Phone Dial-in
+1.408.740.7256 (United States)
+1.408.317.9253 (Alternate number) (Global Numbers)
Meeting ID: 203 539 242
Room System: 199.48.152.152 or bjn.vc

Feel free to log in early and test your system.
You can even run the BlueJeans software from a web browser.

Please mute your microphone until you have something to say.

If too many people log in, then we will likely have issues with bandwidth or
crowd control.  This is a dry, dull meeting; if you just want to hang out
and have fun, then go to Discord instead.  If things get out of control,
then we may need to ask some people to hang up.

If you cannot be there yourself, then you can ask someone to represent you
or your idea.

You can request the minutes of the meeting.  The newsletter will also have
some information about what the club is planning.

What does it take to be a club member?  We need your name and email address
in our database.  If you receive personal emails about the release of a new
newsletter, then you are already a member.  If you have attended a CoCoFEST,
then you are a member.

John Mark Mobley