[Coco] NitrOS9 + CoCo SDC (30M) - How to access real floppy?

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Fri May 4 01:11:19 EDT 2018

> carygreen at aviaaero.com
> Wed May 2 21:10:51 EDT 2018
>
> Thanks for the quick replies gentlemen.  No problem accessing the floppy through BASIC as you describe Robert (DRIVE 0,OFF), but how to disable drive 0 (single real floppy drive) and still be able to boot from CoCo SDC??
>
> Doug, the rb1773 driver is indeed there, but no f0 or f1 descriptors.  There are however x0...x3 descriptors.  Will do some more research on this.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Cary
The SDC devices are named /sd0 and /sd1, the floppy devices are named /d0, /d1, /d2, etc… If you are running my NitrOS9 SDC image (Here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8RnV5G0TZFZLW4zYXprenRZWlU <http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/coco/Disks/Coco%20SDC/Coco%20SDC%20Image%20(2018-03-19).zip>) you can:
load floppy_mods
That will load the modules rb1773, d0, d1, and d2. The _ character is typed by typing CTRL -
Formatting floppies may be problematic due to lack of system ram, but reading and writing should work fine.