[Coco] Patching NitrOS9 for 8 meg

Doug Fraser frase072 at telus.net
Thu May 3 03:03:03 EDT 2018

Dave,
Several years ago I had a Disto 1meg that was modified to do 2meg. When that upgrade eventually failed and was left with only 512k that was disappointing, to say the least. I was never able to get my hands on Disto 2 meg board. With the anticipation of the CoCoMEM board, I will have access to more ram. If what I've read is true, then it is cheaper to have a board with 8 meg as opposed to 2 meg. Hence my question.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Dave Philipsen <dave at davebiz.com> Date: 2018-05-02  22:35  (GMT-08:00) To: coco at maltedmedia.com Subject: Re: [Coco] Patching NitrOS9 for 8 meg
Ok, I'm not trying to be mean-spirited but my question is this: Have you
come to a point with the current 2MB limit where you are actually in
need of more memory?  If so, what is the application?

Dave