[Coco] Coco3 startup ASM help needed.

David Ladd davidwladd at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 00:47:35 EDT 2018

Jim & Pere,

I ran into a issue myself when I was writing a routine that was to startup
like a Disk Basic ROM.  On the CoCo 3 it wouldn't startup like it would on
the CoCo 1 or CoCo 2.  I found a example of what I needed to do in:
https://sourceforge.net/p/toolshed/code/ci/default/tree/dwdos/dw3dos.asm

The section with:

         fcc   "DK"
         lbra  Entry
         fill  $FF,9*256	spaced out to prevent CoCo 3 BASIC ROM patches

Once I saw that section and saw the comment then I knew what I had to do in
my code.

Hopefully that helps.

| David Ladd a.k.a. PacoOtaktay a.k.a. Drencor                          |
| YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay                      |
| YouTube Gaming Live: https://gaming.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay/live |
| Websites: http://dwladd.com     &     http://www.theterrorzone.com    |
| G+:  https://plus.google.com/113262444659438038657                    |
| G+:  https://plus.google.com/+DavidLaddPacoOtaktay                    |
| Do you have your CoCo 3 yet?                                          |