[Coco] Making my 80T 2S OS-9 Boot Disks boot able

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Mon Mar 26 22:04:37 EDT 2018

Stephen Fischer wrote:
> Is there a value that I can change with DED to make my boot disks boot-able on VCC.
>
> They were transferred from 3.5" disks using ?????.
>
> http://cococoding.com/sfischer/SHF%20OS-9%20Disks/Z/SHF15.DSK
>
> Is the I really want to convert.
>
> TIA
>
> SHF

Stephen,

I just got a copy of the program from your url and can't yet answer your question as asked. However,
why don't you use VCC itself to make copies of your 3.5" disks?

Assuming you have a 3.5" drive on your PC, start VCC and from the menu select Cartridge/FD-502
Config. You will see that you can change (Physical Drives) A: and B: from none to a drive#. So,
click on A: and select Drive 2. Then mount your NitrOS-9 boot disk in Drive 0 and a blank .dsk/.os9
image in Drive 1. Now boot into NitrOS-9, Format drive 2 to the equivalence of the disk in your PC
3.5" drive, and Backup /d2 /d1.
If needed, use Dmode to set /d1 and /d2 as needed.

Now to do the above you need the support program fdrawcmd.sys. If you don't have it, I can send it
to you.

Robert