[Coco] Ham Radio for the CoCo

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Fri Mar 23 17:25:15 EDT 2018

On Friday 23 March 2018 15:18:41 Stephen Fischer wrote:

> It's the delayed interest in running Ham Radio Software on CoCo's.
>
> I added to the interest by finding my CoCo2 SSTV, Fax, Wefax, RTTY and
> CW software I purchased plus the remaining booklet of A5's CoCo2
> articles by Clay Abrams (Hell on Wheels in Person but his face would
> win an award).
>
> I checked and no one (NO ONE) contacted the author of the CoCo3 WEFax
> software.
>
> So what people want they just give up at some point.
>
> Don't read too much into the the discussions here, they may likely
> never go anywhere which will require much interest to making available
> what I have.
>
> SHF

I had the coco2 wefax running at the tv station for about a month. but
the weather folks we had were only doing rip and read & from ap/upi, and
had little or no interest in the maps I gave them, so that project got
retired. I'm not sure if the service is even on the air anymore, and I
don't have an rx for it anyway.

> On 3/23/2018 12:00 PM, Bill Gunshannon wrote:
> > Why the sudden interest in KA9Q?  I worked with it a lot
> >
> > (even maintained the Xenix port for a while) but never
> >
> > had any luck getting any hams interested in running it.
> >
> > Took a lot of flack for even trying.

What I did, seemed to be with a dead microphone at the time, and without
some sort of a frame synch, which apparently didn't exist in '87 or so,
wasn't terribly usefull even to me.  No clue what additional development
there may be by today.

> > bill  KB3YV
> >
> > On 03/23/2018 02:45 PM, L. Curtis Boyle wrote:
> >> KA9Q is on the RTSI FTP, I believe.
> >>
> >> L. Curtis Boyle
> >> curtisboyle at sasktel.net

Cheers, Gene Heskett