[Coco] 8" Disks and NitroOS9

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 16 13:55:47 EDT 2018

First, thanks everyone for the help with cases.  I got one for

my COCOSDC and one for a Glenside IDE (I'll need more of

them eventually and probably the SDC Case as well as I hope

to get a couple more SDC's too).

Now my next project.  Has anyone here used 8" disks with

NitrOS9?  I have an Tandon 8" hooked up to my COCO3 using

the Floppy Adapter from Dbit.com (John does great work, the

power board for the Tandon is also one of his projects.)  I was

able to DSKINI a disk and write and read back a BASIC program

with it.  But that was just as a default COCO floppy.  Now I want

to get it working as a true 8" disk with access to all 77 tracks.

Anybody tried this?  My first attempt to format a disk using the

default DMODE which would be the same as under ECB failed.

Does anyone have DMODE parameters that are known to work

with real 8" disks?

bill