[Coco] DriveWire Virtual Modem

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Wed Mar 14 23:31:16 EDT 2018

> On Mar 14, 2018, at 10:14 PM, Kevin Becker <kevin at kevinbecker.org> wrote:
>
> Thanks. I only just got OS9 working today but that should be a good start.
> And the plus side is it gives me a reason to dig deeper into OS9

If you want to do something similar from BASIC without needing OS-9 and Drivewire, you can buy a $5 ESP8266 devkit module and a $1 RS232-to-TTL adapter and hook them up with four jumper wires, then get on WiFi with any terminal program through the bitbanger.

Video:
https://www.facebook.com/subethasoftware/videos/1676818499045812/

(Sorry about it being a Facebook video. I need to get that posted to YouTube.)

I initially ordered those parts for under $15 from Amazon with 2nd day Prime shipping.

I also have a way too long writeup posted here:

http://subethasoftware.com/2018/02/28/wire-up-your-own-rs-232-wifi-modem-for-under-10-using-esp8266-and-zimodem-firmware/