[Coco] SirSound serial port sound device demos.

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Mon Mar 12 13:33:56 EDT 2018

> On Mar 12, 2018, at 11:13 AM, Dave Philipsen <dave at davebiz.com> wrote:
>
> Nice job, Allen. Very impressive!

Thanks! I’m having a blast with this, when I get time to work on it.

I need to do a demo showing it being used from OS-9, but I’ve been holding off since OS-9 pretty much gets everything compared to RS-DOS (other than games). I wanted to show some love to RS-DOS.

I expect demo 3 to show off some things that should be of interest to game programmers.

I also stumbled into a demo video of a Tandy 1000 doing music in basic. The models before the 1000 SL/TL used the same chip that SirSound uses. I saw how they did their extensions (expanded from the IBM PCjr BASIC) and think I may model mine after that instead of MSX. It would keep it closer to the Tandy family (and, same chip, so all their noise channel support would be identical to what SirSound has).

Neat stuff.

		— A