[Coco] Fwd: Re: Service manual for CM-8 monitor

Steve Ostrom smostrom7 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 11 01:38:46 EST 2018

OK.  I’ve scanned the Tandy CM-8 Service Manual at 600 dpi gray scale, and I have it saved as a single PDF on my PC.  It’s about 100MB in size, so it’s twice as big as is allowable to upload to ColorComputerArchive.com.  I’ve sent an e-mail to Guillaume to allow an upload to his FTP site.  The file is also too large for me to send to anyone as an e-mail attachment.

There are 8 pages that are double-page foldouts, and 3 pages that are included in a large fold-out about 22” wide and 18” high.  I scanned these foldouts in sections, but I’m not happy with the results.  I tried to take a picture of the huge foldout with my smartphone, and this did not turn out too well either.  All the other pages look pretty good.  I thought of maybe taking the service manual to an office supply store where they might have a much larger scanner than I have in order to scan the huge foldout and save it as a PDF file that I can send along with the PDF I made, but I don’t know if that is even feasible, or if they would even allow that due to their fear of copyright infringement.

Other suggestions?

--- Steve ---

Sent from Mail for Windows 10