[Coco] Simply Better word processor

Francis Swygert farna at att.net
Fri Mar 9 21:21:37 EST 2018

Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2018 10:56:33 -0600
From: Allen Huffman <alsplace at pobox.com>

Does anyone remember how to use Simply Better? I bought it and used it for Sub-Etha Software documentation for awhile, and the master text files have all those control codes in it.

Before I did into the big manual, I thought I’d ask if someone remembers the key sequences to:

1) Generate the print-ready version (which will append to the end of the file, all spaced out and nicely formatted).

2) Mark just a block and save it out.

I want to convert my Simply Better docs to formatted ASCII to include on the CoCo archive disks. I uploaded a ton of Sub-Etha master disks but the docs are still not ready so we are waiting for me to figure out how to do this. I just haven’t had time.

Anyone remmeber?
UGH....  I used SB EXTENSIVELY back in the day... until around 1997. Wrote most of the CoCo articles with SB, saved as ASCII files to disk, then copied them onto my PC for formatting in Adobe PageMaker. Can't remember a single code -- only that I had a note card I made up for the ones I used most. Well, I should say the ones I needed occasionally and didn't remember. About a dozen I used often enough that remembering wasn't an issue, the others I had on that card, with the manual close enough that if I needed to do something a bit out of the ordinary I could find it (which was rare). I do remember having stick-on tabs on many pages so I could reference things quickly when needed.

I doubt anyone writes much more than notes or code with a CoCo any more. I seem to recall a page in the manual that was a quick reference of codes, with the page number where you could find more details? Nice try, but I think it's RTFM...
 Frank Swygert
 Fix-It-Frank Handyman Service
 803-604-6548