[Coco] NitroOS-9 in CocoSDC Image 2017-11-11 question(s)

Guillaume Major guillaume.major at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 15:30:05 EST 2018

Hi Olwaldo,

I've built this NitrOS-9 image with a script of mine. I don't have any 6309
Coco so I couldn't test it. It seems to be using an old version of the
llcocosdc.dr module.

I have rebuilt the image with an updated CocoSDC module and uploaded it on
the archive. You can download it here:

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/coco/Disks/Coco%20SDC/Nitros9-6309L2-3.3.0-cocosdc-30M.zip

Can you try it and let me know if it works?

Thanks,
Guillaume

"Oswaldo Aquique"  a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :
MWHPR2201MB1069E0D37547AB6DE09F47FAC7DF0 at MWHPR2201MB1069.namprd22.prod.outlook.com...

Hi,
I'm trying to run the NitrOS-9 L2 image for 6309 included in the CocoSDC
image with date 2017-11-11 (file is at \NITROS9\nos9l263.dsk - Size 30,717
KB) and I get a "NitrOS9 BOOT failed" message in the screen, along with some
random characters at the top-left.

If, instead, I use the NitrOS-9 file I downloaded from NitrOS-9 wiki (file
size is just 4,608 KB) it works perfectly.

Tried to download and expand the COCOSDC image again, with the same result.

My goal is to have a NitrOS-9 Level 2 (6309) image with mshell and multivue,
in addition to the sdcdriver and tools.

If there any other place were I could download a functional copy of the file
included in the CoCoSDC image file? If not, how can I create my own image (a
total OS-9 newbie here) with multivue, mshell and tools included?

Thanks,
Oswaldo