[Coco] Serial I/O / Printer port - “printer ready”, etc.

Brendan Donahe brendan at polylith.com
Thu Mar 8 23:03:59 EST 2018

Allen,

My TDP-100 is near my DMP-130, so I hooked it up and tried what you
requested.  &HFF21 doesn't work, and it looks like that would be CD FIRQ
control (per the Lomont PDF
<http://www.lomont.org/Software/Misc/CoCo/Lomont_CoCoHardware_2.pdf>).
However, the least significant bit of &HFF22 was able to detect whether the
printer was ready and on line or not.  So I think that code should read:

IF (PEEK(&HFF22) AND 1)=0 THEN printer is ready

When I put a PRINT PEEK(&HFF22) AND 1 into an infinite loop, I could see
that turning on and off the printer would affect this bit, as would the use
of the on-line button.  0 was on and on-line, 1 was off or off-line.

Hope this helps,
Brendan