[Coco] Coco3 GIF viewer demonstrated

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Mon Mar 5 13:26:59 EST 2018

> On Mar 5, 2018, at 12:20 PM, Salvador Garcia via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:
>
> I caught a friend in a lie the other day. He told that something-or-other (don't remember what) had literally cost him an arm and a leg, but I counted his limbs and they were all intact ;-) Salvador

Words used to have meanings. At least they consider this usage “informal”:

lit·er·al·ly
[ˈlidərəlē, ˈlitrəlē]
ADVERB
in a literal manner or sense; exactly:
"the driver took it literally when asked to go straight across the traffic circle" · [more]
informal
used for emphasis or to express strong feeling while not being literally true:
"I have received literally thousands of letters"