[Coco] Syscall

Wayne Campbell asa.rand at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 20:54:14 EST 2018

You are misunderstanding. I'll try to explain. What Curtis is asking is,
how many procedures are in the workspace, is the code you show in a
procedure by itself or is it part of a larger procedure, and is the first
line of the source for the procedure a PROCEDURE statement (ie. PROCEDURE
myProgram).

You also need to understand what is causing your 43 error. Your Basic09
workspace is full with the procedure(s) you have in it. There is not enough
free space to run the procedure and run syscall too. If you are not using
memory modifiers to increase the workspace size, all you need to do is
increase the workspace size. You can do this from within Basic09 by typing
mem and the size you want (in bytes). For example, to increase to (roughly)
24k, type mem 24000. From the command line, you can run Basic09 using a
memory modifier to open it with a larger workspace. For example, Basic09
#24K will open basic09 with 24k of workspace memory. Any amount above 32K
will give you problems when it comes to running the program from within
Basic09. You will likely have to pack the procedure and run it from the OS9
command line. For example, OS9: myProgram.

This is all elementary explanation. I hope you are understanding what I am
saying. If increasing the workspace memory doesn't work, you will have to
pack the procedures and run them from the OS9 command line. I only have
this problem with procedures that require me to open Basic09 with large
workspace sizes (above 32k).

You can ask if you have more questions and I will try to answer them.

Wayne