[Coco] COCO3 Video

David Ladd davidwladd at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 03:05:32 EST 2018

Also I would like to add my 2 cents worth here as well.

There is another big thing you need to check when dealing with RGB hardware
is what the output voltage from the RGB lines are.  For example the CoCo
3's voltage output at full RED, GREEN, BLUE, the max voltage output will be
2 Volts.

Now SCART spec is 1 Volt on the RGB lines.  So when taking a CoCo 3's RGB
line's to the SCART lines you need a 150 to 180 Ohm resistor and
electrolytic capacitor in series to bring the voltage down to a safer level
for the SCART input.

I used:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/eviltim/gamescart/gamescart.htm

As a reference to some of the testing to figure out why the original CoCo 3
RGB to SCART cable was so over powered.

The negative lead of capacitor goes towards the SCART and the positive side
goes to the resistor.  Then the other end of the resistor goes to RGB out
of the CoCo 3.  So you would need 3 pairs of these...  1 pair for each
color analog line.

I hope that makes sense.

| David Ladd a.k.a. PacoOtaktay a.k.a. Drencor                          |
| YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay                      |
| YouTube Gaming Live: https://gaming.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay/live |
| Websites: http://dwladd.com     &     http://www.theterrorzone.com    |
| G+:  https://plus.google.com/113262444659438038657                    |
| G+:  https://plus.google.com/+DavidLaddPacoOtaktay                    |
| Do you have your CoCo 3 yet?                                          |