[Coco] Gene Heskett

Joel Rees joel.rees at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 02:20:17 EST 2018

If I were anywhere close, I'd volunteer to take her real food once a week.

My mother-in-law had a stroke and has to spend her time in a care
facility. I take her soy bars and nuts, and it seems to help fill in
what they don't dare put in her diet.

Praying for you both.

--
Joel Rees

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 12:46 AM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at shentel.net> wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 February 2018 09:02:06 Bruce W. Calkins wrote:
>
>> For those who pray and/or have concerns:
>> Gene's wife broke her leg and is in a hospital and will probably be in
>> a wheelchair for some time.
>
> She broke the plateau of the legbone, so it will be in a splint at least
> 3 months.
>
>> Gene also has visited the hospital for
>> another blood clot problem.
>
> I went up to check out a painfull leg, which turned out to be a rather
> large blood clot in the groin area, probably from too many uninterrupted
> hours in this chair.  They've claimed thats fixed with all the heperin
> they dribbled thru me but they're raising the warfarin dose, so we'll
> see in due time. Blood test to see how much more than 7.5mg a day it
> takes is yet today.
>
>> He is home and about, but has a lot on
>> his plate at the moment,
>
> I'll nominate that for Understatement of the Month.
>
> Dee may never come home as they also have her on a heart diet and she
> can't choke down the tasteless food they give her along with decaff, and
> at 83 lbs needs every calorie she can get down. So I'm rattling about
> alone in the house, trying to catch up on the sleep they never let you
> get in one of those beds patented by the Marquis De Sade.  Other than
> that, I'll be ok till whenever.
>
>> so probably won't be keeping up with the
>> list. Thank you'all;
>> Bruce W.
>
> Thanks Bruce & list.
>

> --
> Cheers, Gene Heskett
> -Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Joel Rees

One of these days I'll get someone to pay me
to design a language that combines the best of Forth and C.
Then I'll be able to leap wide instruction sets with a single #ifdef,
run faster than a speeding infinite loop with a #define,
and stop all integer size bugs with my bare cast.
http://defining-computers.blogspot.com/2017/06/reinventing-computers.html

More of my delusions:
http://reiisi.blogspot.com/2017/05/do-not-pay-modern-danegeld-ransomware.html
http://reiisi.blogspot.jp/p/novels-i-am-writing.html