[Coco] Help with Drivewire

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Sun Jun 24 20:40:36 EDT 2018

> On Jun 24, 2018, at 4:34 PM, Jack Carpenter via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:
>
> I need to make the cable because Cloud9 sell the cable but it looks like it has the wrong end on it. I found the ends I need on eBay but cable wire I am not sure it cat5 cable wire will work.

Cat5 cable would work electrically. It's not the greatest stuff for soldering since the conductors usually aren't tinned (I think). But if it's what you have, then go for it! Even individual lengths of insulated hookup wire will work. It just wouldn't be as pretty as a jacketed cable.

> Here is the cable Cloud9 sell.
> CoCoWares.

The link didn't come through. They list a Drivewire cable for $20 that goes from 4 pin DIN to a DB9, which is what you would need to connect the CoCo's serial port to a regular PC serial port.

--
Mark J. Blair <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/