[Coco] Help with Drivewire

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 17:42:51 EDT 2018

On Sun, Jun 24, 2018 at 5:47 PM, Jack Carpenter  wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I belong to Vintage Computer Forum and told where to find what I needed so I did.
>
> I had a Color Computer 2 about 35 years ago and I wanted to get back into it so I bought another one a few weeks ago. And wanted to hook up Drivewire but I need help programming a EPROM I getting this board from NF6X he made for the Coco1 2 and 3 but not sure what 28 pin EPROM I need.

Hi Jack,

If this is for a CoCo2 and a cartridge/pak you'd want the
hdbdosdw3cc2.rom. This gives you a DECB-type DOS where the "floppies"
are on the DriveWire server.

> And what files I need. Here is a list.
>
> dw3dos_dsk_cc1.rom
> dw3dos_dsk_cc2.rom
> dw3dos_dsk_cc3.rom
> dw3dos_mb_cc1.rom
> dw3dos_mb_cc2.rom
> dw3dos_mb_cc3.rom
> hdbdosdw3cc1.rom
> hdbdosdw3cc2.rom*
> hdbdosdw3cc3.rom*

FYI, the dw3dos ROM images are for booting NitrOS-9 over DriveWire,
maybe not what you want, at least not to start with, and the "DOS"
command in HDBDOS does pretty much the same. The _dsk_ ROM images are
for a cartridge/ROM and boots NitrOS-9 directly (in case you don't
care about HDBDOS) and the _mb_ ROM images are for replacing the BASIC
ROMs (in case you don't care about BASIC either!).

Regards,
Tormod