[Coco] OS9 HEX to DECIMAL conversion.

James Jones jejones3141 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 17:41:31 EDT 2018

About INPUT #fp1," Reading Zero Drive Base Offset Data ... ",zb ...the
BASIC09 manual says this about the INPUT statement:

When the INPUT statement is encountered, program execution is suspended and
a "?" prompt is displayed. If the optional prompt string is given, it is
displayed instead of the normal "?" prompt. This means that the INPUT
statement is really *both* an input and output statement. Therefore, if a
path other than the default standard input path is used, the path should be
open in UPDATE mode. This makes INPUT dangerous if used on disk files,
unless you like prompts in your data (use READ).

so I'm not sure INPUT is what you want.

On Sat, Jun 2, 2018 at 2:31 PM, <coco at jechar.ca> wrote:

> [...]
>>> you have already done), and then run it with either ‘runb lh_drv’ (if
>>> you are using the stock SHELL), or just ‘lh_drv’ (if you are running
>>> Shellplus). It’s easier to pass parameters with Shellplus as well, as
>>> has been mentioned before; you don’t need to surround the parameters
>>> in quotes.
>>> (If you want to avoid that error when loading BASIC09 source, just
>>> launch BASIC09 by itself ‘basic09’, and then LOAD ih_drv.b09 at the B:
>>> prompt).
>>>
>>> I mucked with your code for a bit, and for some strange reason, if I
>>> did ON ERROR to trap a parameter error (#56) to check if no parameters
>>> were sent, it would go to the routine properly, but when I tried to
>>> shut ON ERROR off and then GOTO where you were printing the help
>>> message, it would then exit with the error anyways. I changed the help
>>> message to be a subroutine instead (both from the error 56 ON ERROR,
>>> and from passing it ‘-?’, and now that works (using shellplus). I did
>>> try moving PARAM to after the DIM statements (the examples in the
>>> BASIC09 manual show this), but that made no difference (and I tried a
>>> couple of other things that are still in this listing that follow, but
>>> you can clean those up if you wish). I had to change your creating of
>>> /dd/sys/cihxofs to use CREATE instead of SHELL “ECHO”; otherwise, you
>>> didn’t have a path to the file to write to. I also have it write a
>>> default value so it has something to read (you may need to change that
>>> value).
>>>
>>> PROCEDURE Ih_drv
>>> DIM hs:STRING
>>> DIM drv:INTEGER
>>> DIM dno:REAL
>>> DIM yh:REAL
>>> DIM yl:REAL
>>> DIM y:REAL
>>> DIM yhi:INTEGER
>>> DIM yhp:REAL
>>> DIM ylr:REAL
>>> DIM yli:INTEGER
>>> DIM bfile:STRING[16]
>>> DIM cfile:STRING[16]
>>> DIM current:STRING[10]
>>> DIM fp1:BYTE
>>> DIM fp2:BYTE
>>> DIM er:INTEGER
>>> DIM wpc:STRING
>>> DIM ofs:STRING
>>> PARAM a:STRING[4];b:STRING[4]
>>>
>>> 10 ON ERROR GOTO 1000
>>> 20 IF a="-?" THEN
>>>   GOSUB 5000
>>>   END
>>> ENDIF
>>> bfile="/dd/SYS/ihbase"
>>> ON ERROR GOTO 139
>>> OPEN #fp1,bfile:READ
>>> PRINT "Alternate Base Extended Offsets"
>>> PRINT "To be Supported in Future Versions"
>>> GOTO 139
>>> REM Untill we suport alternate base offsets.
>>> GOTO 200
>>> REM If a alternate offset base is loaded skip the standard base.
>>> 139  er:=ERR
>>> REM  Standard Cloud9 CF card offset to HBD Drive 0.
>>> PRINT
>>> drv=VAL(a)
>>> dno=FLOAT(drv)
>>> y=yh*4096.0+yl+(dno*630.0)