[Coco] Coco User

Salvador Garcia salvadorgarciav at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 30 11:12:53 EDT 2018

 "... I only run Winder$ if I'm paid to do it."

And paid well I hope :-)

In my case, I grew up professionally on Windows, starting with Windows 1, skipped Windows 2. I used mostly MS-DOS until after Win 3.1 came out. For better or worse (usually the latter) all my employers have been Microsoft houses. The dark IBM empire and the attack of the clones totally obliterated my plans for a serious CoCo setup with a CoCo 3 and a hard drive

I'd love to get into Linux, but the quad colored giant keeps pulling me back. Right now I am trying to setup a modern CoCo build using hardware such as the DE1 FPGA, emulators, Drivewire and the CoCo SDC. The CoCo Pi project interests me, along with being able to emulate a CoCo on a Linux stick, as Rietveld has done so, Best! Salvador

    On Saturday, July 28, 2018, 10:45:16 PM CDT, Christopher R. Hawks <chawks at dls.net> wrote:

 On Sat, 28 Jul 2018 23:15:59 -0400
Bill Pierce via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:

> Ok, who uses a Coco... What Kind... What OS... ???
>

> Bill Pierce
> "Charlie stole the handle, and the train it won't stop going, no way
> to slow down!" - Ian Anderson - Jethro Tull

> E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com

All CoCos (from Original bought in 1980 to CoCo3)
All 'OS' (from Color Basic 1.0 to NitrOS9 3.03.00)
Also 1 MC10
Also many emulators running on computers from Slackware to Rasbian to
(UGH) Winder$7. (Only at work, I only run Winder$ if I'm paid to do
it.)

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
--
"...Unix, MS-DOS, and Windows NT (also known as the Good, the Bad, and
the Ugly)."