[Coco] Fwd: Re: Multi Core FPGA ?

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Mon Jul 23 18:45:51 EDT 2018

On 24/07/2018 4:34 AM, coco at jechar.ca wrote:

> If I remember right he was talking about a New FPGA board that had
> been specifically designed to facilitate the emulation of Multi Core
> systems.
> 4 Cores at least.

As Dave said, any FPGA can support multiple soft core processors.
There's _nothing_ that can be done in hardware on the PCB to better
facilitate multiple cores in the FPGA. The only limitation is the size
and speed of the FPGA device itself.

It's quite possible that the board itself was designed specifically for
retro emulation - and there's several of those floating around - but the
number of cores within the FPGA is neither here nor there. Are you
thinking of the MiSTer board perhaps?

Regards,

--
Mark McDougall