[Coco] Linux User

James Ross jrosslist at outlook.com
Mon Jul 23 16:15:53 EDT 2018

Lubuntu w/ LXDE desktop

At the beginning of this year I set out to switch to Linux as my main OS and use it exclusively (as much as possible that is). I think I made a post about it when I asked on the list what email clients people are using for this list.

I installed the latest Lubuntu at the time.  I really did like it and learned to configure and installed quite a lot of software using the apt / apt-get / etc command line. I had a few bad experiences, especially with trying to install the latest Wine on it, but a few others too.  However, w/ most things it went smooth.

Linux is great for software development.

ALAS ... that only lasted about a month.  Not too bad I guess for my fist try at using Linux exclusively.

I have been using Windows for so long it's like I am co-dependent on it.

I plan on trying that again soon but w/o dual booting.  Instead I am going to get a second PC and KVM switch between Linux and Windows instead of dual booting.

James