[Coco] Drivewire development

Nathan Byrd techy1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 09:20:58 EDT 2018

James,

Any way I can talk you into contributing with this Java refactor?  That
streams idea sounds awesome.  I think there is probably room for both
improvements to the current Java as well as another server in Go - in fact
when I started looking at this I considered just using Go as well, though I
think there is some use for still having the original project that targets
the JVM as well.

As to your point about clarity, I totally agree. One of the possible
changes that I was thinking about for long term is to convert it to Kotlin
for a more modern source base, with a DI framework like Koin or Dagger2,
etc and do some big code refactoring (hopefully after getting some unit
tests in there 🙂)

If you are at all interested, let me know - I've setup a GitHub
organization and am currently migrating the codebase over (minus some of
the detrius.) Even if you just want to put the Go version under the same
organization that would be cool too. If you or others are interested let me
know and I'll invite you to the project.

Thanks!