[Coco] Christmas Holiday CoCo 3 crash question

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Thu Jul 19 17:24:14 EDT 2018

> Mark Anderson rammdesign at msn.com  <mailto:coco%40maltedmedia.com?Subject=Re%3A%20%5BCoco%5D%20Christmas%20Holiday%20CoCo%203%20crash%20question&In-Reply-To=%3CDM6PR10MB2571C5B5E36C058BF465AE24C4790%40DM6PR10MB2571.namprd10.prod.outlook.com%3E>
> Sun Jun 10 12:26:06 EDT 2018
> I’m having a problem with the holiday demo from 1986 by Spectral Associates always crashing when the Radio Shack truck is driving through the forest. It plays fine on VCC but not in my real CoCo 3.
>
> I’ve tried it with CoCoSDC, real floppies that I made on a CoCo disk drive and DriveWire 4.  All methods crash during the forest/truck scene besides VCC.
Sorry about replying to a month old message, I am trying to catch up on the list now.
I had this problem, it turned out it to be related to my 512k expansion memory. It worked fine for everything else, but that Christmas demo tends to stretch the refresh on the memory a little (I think) and mine failed at the same spot. When I replace my 512k upgrade with a newer one, it started working fine.