[Coco] CoCo2 vs CoCo3 changes

Michael Kent mikekent at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 18 14:24:27 EDT 2018

Thanks for the link Ed - I am the seller of the caps
Starting to get excited about your new products - any updates?
Any more VGA's on the way!?

    On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 2:03 PM, Tim Fadden <t.fadden at cox.net> wrote:

 Electrolytic caps have a finite life span, being used or not. Visible
signs are hard to spot. Newer caps have stress cuts on the top, that let
the cap buldge as it gets bad which is one sure sign. Leaking can be a
sign, but it could just be goo that was put on there to glue them down.
If you have a scope, or a good volt meter, you could look for ac ripple
on the power side. In my opinion, electrolytic caps over 20 years are
just a bomb waiting to go off. I bought two of those kits and changed
mine for good measure.

On 7/18/2018 10:52 AM, Jack Carpenter via Coco wrote:
> What are the sign of capacitor going bad?
>

>      On Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 5:36:26 PM GMT, Kevin Becker <kevin at kevinbecker.org> wrote:
>
>  Thanks!  I thought I had seen them somewhere but I didn't think to check
> eBay.
>
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 1:26 PM, Zippster <zippster278 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Someone on eBay has apparently.  Not sure the link will survive the list
>> processing, but…
>>
>> link <https://www.ebay.com/itm/TRS-80-Tandy-Color-Computer-2-
>> Tandy-Color-Computer-3-Capacitor-Replacement-Kit/232472882664?hash=
>> item362076ade8:g:~ocAAOSwmhJZqwGI:sc:USPSFirstClass!55021!US!-1&_
>> sacat=0&_nkw=trs80+computer+capacitor+kit&_from=R40&rt=nc&
>> LH_TitleDesc=0%7C0>
>>
>> - Ed
>>

>>> On Jul 18, 2018, at 12:14 PM, Kevin Becker <kevin at kevinbecker.org>
>> wrote:
>>> I don't suppose anybody has put together a CoCo3 capacitor kit to make it
>>> easy to order them all at once?

>> coupling

>> just
>> at

>> one
>> could

>> certain

Tim Fadden
"Hey Schmidt, don't forget about the six P's.
Proper Preparation Prevents Piss-Poor Performance!"