[Coco] ANOTHER OFF TOPIC (FYI)...

Joe Schutts j_schutts at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 17 05:41:44 EDT 2018

Hi Everyone,
I recently received 2 requests from 2 of my relatives (in 2 different states) for me to make them some "Oldies" Music CD's for them to listen to in their cars. While I have no problem with this, I explained that it would be MUCH easier to make them a Music Data CD rather than an actual "Music CD". A typical "Music CD" usually contains around 10-20 music files while a "Music Data CD" can contain anywhere from 100 to 125 Music Files (on ONE CD). A HUGE difference...

What many people do not realize is that today, most (BUT NOT ALL) CD Players in cars are able to recognize (AND Play) MP3 Files (some can also play WMA as well as MKV files as well). Not only that, but MOST (but again NOT ALL) Home DVD Players can also READ and PLAY "Music Data DVD's" as well. These "Music Data DVD's" can typically contain anywhere from 3000-4000 songs on EACH DVD...

The easiest way to determine whether or not your car radio (CD Player OR DVD Player) is compatible or not is to make a "DEMO Music Audio CD" (and also a "Demo Music Audio DVD")  containing MP3 Data files (Music) on them and insert it into the Player to see IF it will recognize (and play) it.
If you're lucky enough (like me) your car radio (OR DVD Player) will recognize (and play) your Music Data CD's. Just being able to listen to OVER 400+ songs on just 4 CD's is a great way to travel... This method is also great for Audio Books as well...

Hope this helps...
Joe...